Skip to content
- Judge William S. Pocan has served on the Milwaukee County Circuit Court since 2006, where he is currently the Deputy Chief Judge.
- From 1985 to 2006, Pocan was an associate at Jastroch & LaBarge in Waukesha, where he was a consumer protection attorney whose practice included automobile fraud and warranty issues.
- From 1984 to 1985, Pocan was an associate at Brookhouse & Brookhouse in Kenosha, where he focused on family and bankruptcy law.
- If confirmed, Judge Pocan would be the first LGBTQ Article III judge in Wisconsin and the first LGBTQ man to serve as an Article III judge anywhere in the Seventh Circuit.
- Judge Pocan received his B.A. from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside in 1981 and his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School in 1984.