Skip to content
- From 1991 to 2022, Charles Fleming served as an Assistant Federal Public Defender in the Federal Public Defender Office for the Northern District of Ohio.
- From 2010 to 2016, Fleming was the office’s Investigative and Paralegal Staff Supervisor. From 2016 to 2021, he was the Cleveland Trial Team Supervisor.
- Fleming is an Adjunct Professor at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where he co-teaches a course on trial advocacy.
- Upon confirmation, Fleming became the first former public defender to serve as a district judge in Ohio.
- Fleming received his B.A. from Kent State University in 1986 and his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1990.