Skip to content
- Judge Ruth Montenegro has served as a magistrate judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California since 2018.
- From 2012 to 2013 and again from 2015 to 2018, Judge Montenegro served on the Imperial County Superior Court.
- From 2013 to 2015, Judge Montenegro was the Imperial County Superior Court’s Family Support Commissioner.
- From 2011 to 2012, Judge Montenegro was Assistant County Counsel for Imperial County and also served as a Deputy County Counsel IV in 2000.
- From 2002 to 2011, Judge Montenegro was Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources and Administrative Services for the El Centro Elementary School District.
- From 2000 to 2002, Judge Montenegro was Director of Human Resources for the Imperial Community College District.
- Judge Montenegro received her A.A. from Imperial Valley College in 1987, her B.A. from Clarion University of Pennsylvania in 1989, and her J.D. from UCLA School of Law in 1992.